Who we Are
Umeedein is a registered non-government and non-profit charitable trust of India, headquartered at Bhubaneswar, Odisha (Registration No -41081508793 dated 07.10.2015). We are also registered u/s 12A of the Income Tax Act, 1961. We are also a member of Executive Body of Cancer Care India, an apex body of 52 organizations working for cancer in South Asia.
What we do
- Working at grass root level in various districts, for spreading cancer awareness at Panchayat level.
- Collaboration with organizations working at grass root level in order to reach out to each and every person of Odisha.
- Regular awareness and screening sessions with different stakeholders of community (Asha didi, Aanganwaadi didi, Self-help group women, Adolescent boys and girls) by local associate (Cancer Sahajogi).
- Guidance to patients for available accessible treatment detected through regular awareness and screening sessions.
- Shelter home for providing free accommodation and food to poor patients who can’t afford overnight stay.
- Patient navigator at hospitals to bridge the communication gap and coordinate between stake holders (medical fraternity, patient & caregiver, NGOs for support services)
- Creating awareness in recognizing early signs & symptoms of all types of cancer
- Providing guidance on available accessible treatment & available support sources for cancer care.
- Coordinating between all the stakeholders of cancer care process (patients, care givers, medical fraternity, treatment centres, NGOs).